Friday, March 11, 2011

such a short time

Teaching Sunday School frequently feels like a burden. I tentatively check the SS schedule sometime around Wednesday, hoping to see someone, anyone elses name on the list... just not mine. Yet, as soon as I get to Unity and see the kids - I am in amazement that I get to enjoy these children/teens for a bit. Then the SS time seems to slip by so quickly as we move from one short learning experience to the next. I just want to bottle these precious moments up that I have children in my life. Right now is the day that I still have some influence on their spiritual growth and love for God. Unity reminds me that we are all children of God and that means that I are inherently perfect. (that is hard even to just write, must less to truly believe it deep down). Perfect to fumble through a SS lesson, perfect to make a mess of the SS room, perfect to want to hug every little one as they pass by, perfect to sing off key with the kids. It is not what we do that makes us perfect, we are already perfect - just for being. So, as Wednesday passed and I noticed that I do teach this weekend... I did feel the few seconds of dread but I know that this Sunday, like all Sundays for the rest of my life, I will love that hour of the week most of all.